Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Boring Day.....

So..... why did I start this blog? As you might guess, I was bored. Sometimes the life of an accountant can be boring. Well.... let me rephrase..... most of the time the life of an accountant can be boring. It does pay the bills, though. Life just doesn't turn out like you think it will while you are in highschool! Back then, I remember the excitement of choosing a career. The misconception was that once I was done with college, my job would not just be a job. That is what colleges try to make you think. Come here, pay us at least $20,000, and we will give you a job that you will love every day of your life. WRONG! My job turned out to just be a job. I might somewhat like what I do, but that does not mean my job is any less of a job. I still have to wake up and get ready to go to work. I still have to work with people I don't really like. All in all, my job is just a boring job. If you are still in college, or looking forward to going to college, I hope I didn't burst your bubble. You probably won't believe me anyway. I didn't believe those people who told me the same thing.

I am currently at work just wasting time writing this blog. The good part of my job is that during the summer I am not busy. Is that good? Sometimes. I like not being overworked, but sometimes the day just drags by if you are underworked. Playing games online can get old. At least I have a lunch break in the middle of the day to go home and see my wife and baby. That never gets old.

Well, I better get back to doing nothing. Hope your day isn't half as boring as mine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine going hours without anything to do. I'm ALWAYS on the go...chasing our little rugrat! I would like to sit and do nothing for a while, but certainly NOT all day long! A couple hours a day during nap time is good enough for me. It gives me time to collect my thoughts and try to get some stuff done around the house. I hope things start looking up for ya!!