Wednesday, August 15, 2007

School....

So.... school is almost here!! Wohoo!! I am taking some college classes again. I am going to Richland Community College, and I'm taking 13 credit hours. Why you might ask? Well, I'll tell you, but I might bore you with the details. But hey, my life is boring, and yours is too if your reading this. :) Anyway, according to the Illinois Board of Accounting (yawn), in order to sit for the CPA (that is Certified Public Accountant - told you I would bore you with the details) exam, the candidate must have 150 credit hours from an accredited university. Well, I graduated from the University of Illinois at Springfield with 123 credit hours. So, I must go back to an accredited institution to get 27 more credit hours. Once I receive those credit hours, I can then start studying for and then take the CPA exam. Doesn't that sound fun? Well, not really. But, it will pay off - literally. Until then, though, I am taking donations for my CPA fund. You see, every time you take the CPA exam, it costs over $1,000 dollars. Some people have to take the test 3 or 4 times. Plus, the study materials are expensive as well. One day, all of this might be worth it!

I am hoping that taking these college courses will help with my boredom here at work. All the classes are online, so there will be a lot of discussion board communication. I can do all of that during the day. The classes I am taking are as follows: Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, History (up to the Reformation), & Intro to Ethics. All of these classes are 100 level classes, so they are fairly easy. They do require papers, but the papers will not be graded to difficultly because, in their mind, I have not taken English yet. :) It'll be fun.

Well, back to my busy day at work. Hehe.

1 comment:

John Rauch said...

Sounds like you're on your way! Sucks that you have to do this so soon after getting your degree, but it's cool to have a goal in sight and know how to get there. I'm sure you'll do great.